Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some customization questions
1. Is there a way to taper brushes when using a tablet? 

2. I don't like how the all of the brushes share the same settings. Is there a way I can have the eraser have one setting (size, brush type, etc) while the brush has another?

3. When I move layers around I like to move the current layer. I have to change this setting every time I open up GIMP. Is there a way I can change this preference?
(03-19-2018, 01:15 PM)Hollie By Golly Wrote: 2. I don't like how the all of the brushes share the same settings. Is there a way I can have the eraser have one setting (size, brush type, etc) while the brush has another?

https://www.gimp-forum.net/Thread-Pencil...ltaneously

Quote:3. When I move layers around I like to move the current layer. I have to change this setting every time I open up GIMP. Is there a way I can change this preference?

Edit > Preferences > Tool Options
Then Save Tool Options Now
Followed by Uncheck Save tool options on exit
1) Yes, see the brush dynamics. You likely want one that relates pressure to size (or to opacity+size). There is none by default but you can look at the one that relates pressure to opacity. Note that the standard ones are read-only, you have to make a copy to edit it.

2) Edit>Preferences>Tool options>Paint options shared between tools

3) You can set you own defaults. But in the long run you will find that the current default is better Smile