Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SCM files in 'scripts' folder, but 'script-fu' menu is empty
I'm using GIMP 2.10 on Windows 10, and I haven't done anything about the default Scripts location: C:\Program Files\GIMP 2\share\gimp\2.0\scripts

There are theoretically 53 .scm files in this folder, all but one added by the GIMP Installer, but nothing shows up in Filters > Script-fu except "Console", "Refresh Scripts" and "Start Server"

This folder is listed in Edit > Preferences > Folders > Scripts, so it *should* work, right? Am I missing something elementary?
You are missing the fact that each script is written to insert itself in the menus in it's own place. None of the standard scripts insert themselves in Filters 》Script-fu, they are scattered throughout the menus.
(03-18-2021, 02:04 AM)serialcomplimenter Wrote: default Scripts location: C:\Program Files\GIMP 2\share\gimp\2.0\scripts

This is the location for scripts that come bundled with Gimp. Best is to leave this folder alone, don't install anything here.

Quote:This folder is listed in Edit > Preferences > Folders > Scripts, so it *should* work, right? Am I missing something elementary?

There should be 2 folders listed here. The other is something like:
C:\Users\<your name>\AppData\Roaming\GIMP\2.10\scripts
Install your scripts here

Go to Help > Plug-in Browser. Find your script here. It will tell you where in the menus your script is installed.
(03-18-2021, 05:34 AM)Kevin Wrote: You are missing the fact that each script is written to insert itself in the menus in it's own place. None of the standard scripts insert themselves in Filters 》Script-fu, they are scattered throughout the menus.

For the OP's defense they used to be in a specific Script-fu menu (back in 2.4 days...) Big Grin
(03-18-2021, 07:13 AM)Blighty Wrote:
(03-18-2021, 02:04 AM)serialcomplimenter Wrote: default Scripts location: C:\Program Files\GIMP 2\share\gimp\2.0\scripts

This is the location for scripts that come bundled with Gimp. Best is to leave this folder alone, don't install anything here.

Quote:This folder is listed in Edit > Preferences > Folders > Scripts, so it *should* work, right? Am I missing something elementary?

There should be 2 folders listed here. The other is something like:
C:\Users\<your name>\AppData\Roaming\GIMP\2.10\scripts
Install your scripts here

Go to Help > Plug-in Browser. Find your script here. It will tell you where in the menus your script is installed.

I really appreciate the help! Man, the plugin browser was a lifesaver, I was able to find the script I had downloaded. You're the (wo)man!