Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shortcuts like Photoshop
Is there a simple way to make the shortcuts like photoshop? If not, I hope the developer make it in the next update.
I also use Inkscape and the shortcut option is really helpful.
Thanks!
See Edit > Keyboard shortcuts

However,

1) the function behind the shortcut could be slightly different
2) this could clash with other widely used Gimp shortcuts
3) the problem isn't learning Gimp, it is unlearning Photoshop.
(11-03-2021, 12:38 AM)Ofnuts Wrote: See Edit > Keyboard shortcuts

However,

1) the function behind the shortcut could be slightly different
2) this could clash with other widely used Gimp shortcuts
3) the problem isn't learning Gimp, it is unlearning Photoshop.

I'll try it out. Thanks for the great free app!
Also, take a look at PhotoGIMP (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57DNUsf4A-0), which makes GIMP look a little bit more like Photoshop (including shortcuts). It's just a folder to be replaced, you can try and easily go back.
(11-27-2021, 08:20 PM)allanfelipe Wrote: Also, take a look at PhotoGIMP (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57DNUsf4A-0), which makes GIMP look a little bit more like Photoshop (including shortcuts). It's just a folder to be replaced, you can try and easily go back.

Thanks for the suggestion. I watched it and found it's a bit tricky to me as I'm using a portable version. In order to change the shortcuts, I should replace the menurc file. I found 3 of them in the folder, unlike the normal install version. The file location is completely different from the install version.

1) D:\01-Portable Apps-02\00-PortableApps Platform-02\PortableApps\GIMPPortable\Data\.gimp
2) D:\01-Portable Apps-02\00-PortableApps Platform-02\PortableApps\GIMPPortable\App\DefaultData\.gimp
3) D:\01-Portable Apps-02\00-PortableApps Platform-02\PortableApps\GIMPPortable\App\gimp\etc\gimp\2.0

Which one should I replace?