Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unable to export layers
Hi, I got the plugin from here  : https://github.com/khalim19/gimp-plugin-.../tag/3.3.1

Added to the plugin folder and restarted GIMP. But ask instructed in ReadMe, there is no option under Files > Export as layers

There was something in the other thread about installing gimp-python, which I tried and it says, no such package available. It would nice to have some help here. Thanks.
Is this for your linux machine or your Windows machine ?
Works here in linux.  One folder export_layers and one plugin export_layers.py  (note the underscore) both in your plugins folder.
The real question is, do you really need this ?  Way over the top. There are simpler plugins to export layers. 

The next question is what version of linux and Gimp. If you are still using the appimage then that comes with python2 installed. The screenshot is my Gimp 2.10.22 appimage.
(02-21-2021, 01:06 PM)meetdilip Wrote: Hi, I got the plugin from here  : https://github.com/khalim19/gimp-plugin-.../tag/3.3.1

Added to the plugin folder and restarted GIMP. But ask instructed in ReadMe, there is no option under Files > Export as layers

There was something in the other thread about installing gimp-python, which I tried and it says, no such package available. It would nice to have some help here. Thanks.

Wht did you put in the plugin folder? The .EXE is an installer, not the plugin itself. If you downlad the ZIP, it contains installation instructions. Did you read the Install.md file?

For this kind of functionality there is my own ofn-export-layers (that also requires python) but is only 86 lines of Python vs 70K lines. What is the added functionality?
(02-21-2021, 02:27 PM)Ofnuts Wrote:
(02-21-2021, 01:06 PM)meetdilip Wrote: Hi, I got the plugin from here  : https://github.com/khalim19/gimp-plugin-.../tag/3.3.1

Wht did you put in the plugin folder? The .EXE is an installer, not the plugin itself. If you downlad the ZIP, it contains installation instructions. Did you read the Install.md file?

For this kind of functionality there is my own ofn-export-layers (that also requires python) but is only 86 lines of Python vs 70K lines. What is the added functionality?

ofn-export-layers worked . Thanks for this great tool

@rich2005 , I should have used the above one. It works great. The one in the repo I added was a .py file. But I could not see any options to export layer/s or similar.  Now that ofn-tool worked, I removed it from the plugin folder.

Probably will try and see what it offers later. I am having power-related issues now. Thanks.

PS : I am using pure 20.04
(02-21-2021, 02:27 PM)Ofnuts Wrote: ...snip...but is only 86 lines of Python vs 70K lines. What is the added functionality?  

Don't say I agree with it but there is a lot

(02-21-2021, 02:23 PM)rich2005 Wrote: Is this for your linux machine or your Windows machine ?
Works here in linux.  One folder export_layers and one plugin export_layers.py  (note the underscore) both in your plugins folder.
The real question is, do you really need this ?  Way over the top. There are simpler plugins to export layers. 

The next question is what version of linux and Gimp. If you are still using the appimage then that comes with python2 installed. The screenshot is my Gimp 2.10.22 appimage.

Ofn-export-layers worked.

Now I added the export_layers.py from the repo and I see no option at all to use it. I am not sure what it does.

Not that it matters, out of academic interest, what does it do ? From which menu can we activate ? I am not able to see as seen in the attached screenshot. It auto creates " export_layers.pyc " an app image like file.
Quote:..It auto creates " export_layers.pyc " an app image like file.

That a compiled python file. Guessing you are back to using Windows.

From the document that comes with the zipped version, by default the Windows installer puts the files in C:\Program Files\GIMP 2\lib\gimp\2.0\plug-ins although you can specify your own path.

Using the zip a quick demo https://youtu.be/53_YtKIIeM0 2 min 40 second might shed light on why it is not working in your installation. This plug-in has more bells-and-whistles than the London Philharmonic, so that is all it is a quick first try.
(02-22-2021, 04:24 PM)rich2005 Wrote:
Quote:..It auto creates " export_layers.pyc " an app image like file.

That a compiled python file. Guessing you are back to using Windows.

If you look closely you can install it on other platforms.
Yes, that video ( the bit you trimmed out ) is using kubuntu 18.04 / Gimp 2.10.22 and the zipped file.
I tried ofn-export-layers-cumulative.zip yesterday on 22.04 Ubuntu without luck.

No option to export as layers. Not sure why.