Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where can I find brushes without attribution?!!
(03-14-2018, 08:05 AM)rich2005 Wrote: People do like to acquire large collections of resources.

I think there is or was a trend of people using brushes for collage-like things. A bit like scrapbooking.
I always wondered who pays for brushes or vector elements or whatever you can buy in these digital stores, but maybe its like a crafting hobby.
You buy pretty things and make them into a collage.
(03-14-2018, 08:05 AM)rich2005 Wrote: People do like to acquire large collections of resources. Finding: "Where can I find brushes without attribution"  and one question will be why not give attribution to others work where it is due.
There is a common misunderstanding.. 
i said i search for ! no attribution" !  so there no logic and need for a paradoxical question ,like why do not to give attribution to others work! so why i am asking for no attribution ! if i don not care about others work ! may be i will just use what i download ! but i care so i ask ,  i hate attribution! but that does not  mean i deny it .! !  like saying i search for free software so one asks me why you just do not pay for paid software! so why i am asking for free software! i want  cup of tea why you just order a glass of juice! 
-
Of course as i say if i do not find what i search i will have to make it by own .. even i hate reinventing the wheel..
Using a brush isn't the same as re-distributing it, as is or modified, which is really what "attribution" is all about.
(03-14-2018, 02:37 PM)Ofnuts Wrote: Using a brush isn't the same as re-distributing it, as is or modified, which is really what "attribution" is all about.

i was thinking about that at first time or period i know what the attribution mean , some say you must give a credit  link to us or write our name or logo in your design .. but i was asking if i only use an element = 1% from the whole design and if i use and another element then it will be a lot of credits may cover the main design .. so what the real definition of attribution ?!
(03-14-2018, 02:53 PM)unknown7 Wrote:  i was thinking about that at first time or period i know what the attribution mean , some say you must give a credit  link to us or write our name or logo in your design .. but i was asking if i only use an element = 1% from the whole design and if i use and another element then it will be a lot of credits may cover the main design .. so what the real definition of attribution ?!

Well how many people are going to see the design you used the brush in ? And will the brush be recognizable ?

I think one of the ideas behind attribution is to link back to the creator to help spread his work and give some respect.
Which is a good idea, because somebody invested work and deserves to get something back.

When it comes to stuff you can download for free, i dont think anybody is going to sue you, because you forgot to attribute the creator.
Arent most of the people who post on deviantart kids/teenagers, young people anyway ?
(03-14-2018, 03:02 PM)Espermaschine Wrote: Well how many people are going to see the design you used the brush in ? And will the brush be recognizable ?

as i always say There is a common misunderstanding..  
i said i search for ! no attribution" ! so there no logic and need for a paradoxical question ,like why do not to give attribution so why i am asking for no attribution stuff????  ! if i don not care about others work ! may be i will just use what i download without asking ! i do not like attribution ! but that does not  mean i deny it .!!  like saying i search for free software so one asks me why you just do not pay for paid software! so why i am asking for free software! i want  cup of tea why you just order a glass of juice! 
-
it is not about respect it is about options and opinions and as i said of course if i do not find what i search for so there is no way except making it by my self ..
(03-14-2018, 12:52 PM)unknown7 Wrote: There is a common misunderstanding.. 
i said i search for ! no attribution" !  so there no logic and need for a paradoxical question ,like why do not to give attribution to others work! so why i am asking for no attribution ! if i don not care about others work ! may be i will just use what i download ! but i care so i ask ,  i hate attribution! but that does not  mean i deny it .! !  like saying i search for free software so one asks me why you just  do not pay for paid software! so why i am asking for free software! i want  cup of tea why you just order a glass of juice! 
-
Of course as i say if i do not find what i search i will have to make it by own ..  even i hate reinventing the wheel..

Why all the anger, not necessary, maybe it is a language issue, (my arabic is down to a few words)

There are collections of gimp brushes (and other resources) where some are free of attribution, some are free for non-commercial use, some only require recognition of the creator (if you ever redistribute the brush). I have never come across anyone who has a problem with that.

Repeat what I said before, look through the collections, determine what is suitable for your use. If you need to make a particular brush, that is not re-inventing the wheel, that is a new brush that you have created.
(03-14-2018, 03:02 PM)Espermaschine Wrote:
(03-14-2018, 02:53 PM)unknown7 Wrote:  i was thinking about that at first time or period i know what the attribution mean , some say you must give a credit  link to us or write our name or logo in your design .. but i was asking if i only use an element = 1% from the whole design and if i use and another element then it will be a lot of credits may cover the main design .. so what the real definition of attribution ?!

Well how many people are going to see the design you used the brush in ? And will the brush be recognizable ?

I think one of the ideas behind attribution is to link back to the creator to help spread his work and give some respect.
Which is a good idea, because somebody invested work and deserves to get something back.

When it comes to stuff you can download for free, i dont think anybody is going to sue you, because you forgot to attribute the creator.
Arent most of the people who post on deviantart kids/teenagers, young people anyway ?

Hmmm. Should I require attribution each time one uses one of my scripts? Angel
(03-14-2018, 03:54 PM)rich2005 Wrote: Why all the anger, not necessary, maybe it is a language issue, (my arabic is down to a few words)

there is no anger , i just thanked you in  another topic you answered me , nothing personal

, i know that is free and paid and all options , that is why i am saying it is about options !  i never said i will do that or deny that! !-
-
i like this forum and like discussing ! may be because writing is not show  what  face expression is  ..
-
 no anger nothing personal ..