Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
dmg install failure
Hello,

Long time Gimp user on windows. Lately switched to mac.

Downloaded version 2.10.8 dmg.
After succesful install, I get a message saying "can't be opened because identity of developer cannot be confirmed" when the icon is executed.

I am on latest osx version 'Mojave'. The security feature is set to "install from everywhere" and have succefully installed apps from 'everywhere'.

Don't know if this is an issue with the way that the installer is set-up or what   Huh
Not many (none) Mac users here Wink

Anything in this that helps? The last one is reasonably recent.

http://www.gimpusers.com/forums/gimp-use...ess-on-mac
Unfortunately I tried those before... the newest one too. With the newest one, it verifies but upon first execute of the program it verifies again but this time the verification takes even longer and then gives the same message.
I'm certain it has something to do with the way the file is packaged 'cause I install many mac programs from external sources.

anyway thanks for the quick response rich Smile
(11-18-2018, 06:29 PM)Gimpleton Wrote: Unfortunately I tried those before... the newest one too. With the newest one, it verifies but upon first execute of the program it verifies again but this time the verification takes even longer and then gives the same message.
I'm certain it has something to do with the way the file is packaged 'cause I install many mac programs from external sources.

You could try the Partha McGimp, version 2.10.8 has just arrived. http://www.partha.com maybe the packaging is different.
Partha McGimp requires x-11 interface plus need to install the NUFRaw editor after 2.10 install - which will not install on my system. <--- this method is way above my head.

However, I was able to succesfully install 2.8 version as posted @ the gimp site Big Grin Which leads me to think that the dmg for 2.10 has some quirck to it. Hopefully at some point they might look into it. Maybe I should contact them. Since maybe not too many mac users are downloading, any stray one like me might/will have this same issue.

add:

I was able to install McGimp without any issues  Big Grin
Nice GUI too... had not heard of this version before.
Thanks rich005 for the suggest  Exclamation