• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ofn-bend-path
Great plugin. 

(12-21-2017, 10:30 AM)Ofnuts Wrote: Updated the package on SourceForge:
  • More accurate checking of the top/bottom envelope strokes
  • Improved (hopefully) the doc
So now you can do:

Nice !

Now the doc gives me the impression that using guides is a must.

Maybe the wording would be better like this ?

Quote:Conceptually, in addition to the source path (green) and the envelope path (yellow), you can define two horizontal reference lines (blue) with guides.
OK, so I have to change the docSmile The guides is a possibility, but "best fit" is easier in most cases.
Thanks Ofnuts. Works great

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Love your fish, Blighty !!   Heart

Based losely on this video.
Has some contrast problems and the Bokeh filter is probably too big.

@ofnuts:
would it be possible to add a mini library of envelope paths to the script that can be chosen from ?
With an option to adjust the size.

The arched text for example is the same every time, but the handles are fiddly to set up equally.
Or the ball you made, or Blighty's fish (sine). The Blow-up, etc.

Especially with the guides option, that gives room for a lot of variations.
(12-22-2017, 01:19 PM)Espermaschine Wrote: @ofnuts:
would it be possible to add a mini library of envelope paths to the script that can be chosen from ?
With an option to adjust the size.

The arched text for example is the same every time, but the handles are fiddly to set up equally.
Or the ball you made, or Blighty's fish (sine). The Blow-up, etc.

Especially with the guides option, that gives room for a lot of variations.

The secret to adjust handles equally: 1) use a pair of H,V guides and put handles from both sides on the intersection or 2) you will also get a symmetrical curve if you have only one handle, as long as it is in the middle:

Adding a library of paths in the script itself is a full can of worms. As you say they may have to be resized and moved, and this is best done in a WYSIWIG manner outside of the script. Lots of pain(*) for little gain. But people can share their favorite paths here.

(*) for me. The gain/pain ratio is much better if I work on lifting the restriction to have only two anchors per stroke.

Attached Files
.svg   PseudoCircleForOfnBendPath.svg (Size: 521 bytes / Downloads: 259)
(12-22-2017, 01:47 PM)Ofnuts Wrote: The secret to adjust handles equally: 1) use a pair of H,V guides and put handles from both sides on the intersection or 2) you will also get a symmetrical curve if you have only one handle, as long as it is in the middle

Adding a library of paths in the script itself is a full can of worms. As you say they may have to be resized and moved, and this is best done in a WYSIWIG manner outside of the script. Lots of pain(*) for little gain.

I see !

Im also trying to figure out the best way, on how to add a radial gradient to lower arched text.
The center of the gradient is very often outside the layers boundary, where you cant have guides.

The 'Gradient Overlay' layerfx would be good for precision but it seems it doesnt treat the whole layer as the base, but only the text, so the center of the gradient cant be outside the layer boundaries.