Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ofn-bend-path
(12-22-2017, 01:19 PM)Espermaschine Wrote: or Blighty's fish (sine)

Here is the fish curve if you would like it.

Attached Files
.svg   FishMarket1.svg (Size: 541 bytes / Downloads: 248)
(12-22-2017, 03:01 PM)Espermaschine Wrote: Im also trying to figure out the best way, on how to add a radial gradient to lower arched text.
The center of the gradient is very often outside the layers boundary, where you cant have guides.

Guides, no, but paths, yes Smile However, View>Snap to active path doesn't work outside the canvas bounds(bug)? so this is only as a visual reference. Still better than nothing?
(12-22-2017, 03:01 PM)Espermaschine Wrote: ...snip...Im also trying to figure out the best way, on how to add a radial gradient to lower arched text.
The center of the gradient is very often outside the layers boundary, where you cant have guides.

Sooner or later Gimp 2.10 will be released, hopefully in my lifetime Wink

I did see rumours that parts of it, maybe the blend tool might come into Gimp 2.8.24(or 26 or...)

Works on the canvas and can be adjusted as WYSIWYG https://i.imgur.com/DdNq7CT.jpg
Updated SourceForge, the script now accepts more complex envelopes:

(12-23-2017, 01:14 PM)Ofnuts Wrote: the script now accepts more complex envelopes

More complex paths as in more nodes or just overlap ?

EDIT: looking at the image you posted, its both.
And don't forget it works on other kinds of paths:

i need a path offset script....   Undecided

[attachment=1179]
(12-23-2017, 05:26 PM)Espermaschine Wrote: i need a path offset script....   Undecided

IIRC I have  a ribbon-path script on SourceForge. But it is a brute-force-and-slow one.

A somewhat elegant technique:

* Add a transparent layer
* stroke (line-mode) the path with a width which is twice the required offset
* Layer>Transparency>Alpha to selection
* Select>To path
* Remove the side you don't want (open extremities and delete one side, ofn-path-edits is your friend)

Hard to script because I don't think it works too well if the path is stroked with the paintbrush, and there is no API to stroke in "line" mode.
These techniques are all unintuitive and math heavy.
You have to decide where you want the offset, then you have to calculate the strokewidth and adjust the offset.
But you cant know these things without trying, because design is intuition and composition, which most humans cant do with math alone.

So you end up with several trys and after the third you bang your head against the wall.

Same with the current gradients we have. Which are all trial and error. (i know there will be a better gradient tool in the next version of Gimp)

What i have posted is the best i could do, and its extremely hard to fix later.

Also: this is what my rectangular selection with rounded edges, converted into a path looked like (LOL)
(had to use Inkscape for the pattern part)

(12-23-2017, 02:38 PM)Ofnuts Wrote: And don't forget it works on other kinds of paths:

@Ofnuts

What is the latest version of the plugin? I see from sourceforge  v0.1: 2017-12-21 Improve envelope checks 8553B

How did you get that sine wave form with only a start and an end node?