Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ofn-hatching
A first shot at the script discussed here, to render all kinds of hatchings.

Code is still wet, expect bugs, misfeatures, etc... but read the doc before asking questions.

This is a first shot, more features could come later, dash ends, colors, more complex dash patterns.

The script is here.

Enjoy. And read the doc.
hummm...
The menu entry for the script is 

Filters>Render>Patterns>Hatching

Code:
 menu='<Image>/Test' if 'OFN_DEBUG' in os.environ else '<Image>/Filters/Render/Pattern/'

desc='Hatching'
I must be tired today ... I don't see 'Hatching' in the Filters-Render-Patterns menu   Huh
If you don't see ofn-hatching in the menus,it is probably because there was an error when the plugin tried to read the configuration file. On Windows, use gimp-console to see the startup messages.
While starting gimp the hatch plugin (text) appear on the screen, but I can not find it in the menu (Filters>Render>Pattern>Hatching). I can't also find no error concerning the hatch plugin with the gimp console. (windows 10 / gimp 20.10.20).
Always willing to try out Wink

How about including a ofn-hatching.json in the zip with the plugin and docs (I did skim through them but that is all)

Using that ealier post for a .json file I get this and letting Gimp rebuild the pluginrc file.

Code:
Querying plug-in: '/home/rich/.config/GIMP/2.10/plug-ins/ofn-hatching.py'
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/rich/.config/GIMP/2.10/plug-ins/ofn-hatching.py", line 227, in <module>
    config.loadConfiguration()
  File "/home/rich/.config/GIMP/2.10/plug-ins/ofn-hatching.py", line 167, in loadConfiguration
    self.hatchingStyleNames=sorted([s for s in self.jsConfig.keys() if s!='_'],key=lambda n:(self.jsConfig[n].get('order',99),n))
  File "/home/rich/.config/GIMP/2.10/plug-ins/ofn-hatching.py", line 167, in <lambda>
    self.hatchingStyleNames=sorted([s for s in self.jsConfig.keys() if s!='_'],key=lambda n:(self.jsConfig[n].get('order',99),n))
AttributeError: 'int' object has no attribute 'get'
gimp: LibGimpBase-WARNING: gimp: gimp_wire_read(): error
Terminating plug-in: '/home/rich/.config/GIMP/2.10/plug-ins/ofn-hatching.py'
(09-04-2020, 09:52 AM)rich2005 Wrote: Always willing to try out Wink

How about including a ofn-hatching.json in the zip with the plugin and docs (I did skim through them but that is all)
Gaaah... I knew I was forgetting something. Fixed, just redownload the ZIP...
Looks fine to me.

Now, that is great for those mechanical types, but what about us poor civil engineers Wink

(09-04-2020, 10:49 AM)rich2005 Wrote: Looks fine to me.

Now, that is great for those mechanical types, but what about us poor civil engineers Wink

Bucket-fill with pattern is your friend Smile
(09-04-2020, 11:27 AM)Ofnuts Wrote: Bucket-fill with pattern is your friend Smile

Yes, that was a couple of minutes to make a 'tilable' clipboard pattern(s).
Would it be possible to take a small svg path and tile it into a selection ? For bitmaps there is the old RobA scale pattern script-fu but that can leave the pattern fuzzy. Thinking of a scalable path-based plugin. On the other hand, there is always LibreCAD.
Ofnuts, the plugin is working fine on my PC. Just trying out different settings. As rich mentioned, on a existing CAD drawing it is easy to hatch it. On a jpg or png file, it is sometimes the only option to correct the hatching on some cross-sections. The ofnuts hatch plugin is a handy tool for this. Thanks.