Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ofn-random-fill
Fill voids with random colors.

At the usual place.

Enjoy, and read the doc before complaining Smile

PS: Sorry Carmen Angel
When "Colors from" is set to Gradient or FG/BG works well.

If "Colors from" is set to Palette I get the error below.
I used Cool Colors (8) and Pastels (18) with Maximum colors set to different values.

Attached Files Image(s)

Oops. Fixed, and updated on SF.
With 'selection' as an option the plugin surprised me.  Smile

Although I already have another plugin for the same purpose, this one allows the application via paths.

But unlike when I used the 'Selection' option for the cell's origin, opting for 'Path', I got strange results.

By 'strangers' I mean that some cells were not colored, they were transparent.

I created the path by using the `Select by Color Tool 'on the grid.

Note: The white grids here on the forum are actually transparent.

Sorry, suis desolè.

I was creating the path the wrong way.  Blush
Now I tried to invert the selection before creating the path and it worked.

Ofnuts, thx for another plugin!

Note: Still waiting for "developer improvements" for ofn-path-to-shape :-)
Hi Ofnuts,

Was the plugin in any way applicable only to geometric shapes or to any type of selection?

I was trying out the plugin in line arts and the filling leaks out, goes through the selection.    
(12-13-2020, 02:11 PM)Krikor Wrote: By 'strangers' I mean that some cells were not colored, they were transparent.

Probably the Bleed (px) is too big. Reduce that.
(12-13-2020, 04:36 PM)Blighty Wrote: Probably the Bleed (px) is too big. Reduce that.

Blighty, I had always used defaults that I didn't even think about adjusting the bleed.
I reduced it and it worked, thx you!

Coincidence, I was just watching a video that *you commented on in GC on Mar 25 2019 - (cardboard & scissors!). Thanks for that too.

* PS: considering that Blighty II and Blighty are the same person.

PS 02:

But even with the 'Bleed' set to its minimum value (zero), the left eye and the mouth (which were not selected) are colored.

(12-13-2020, 04:52 PM)Krikor Wrote: But even with the 'Bleed' set to its minimum value (zero), the left eye and the mouth (which were not selected) are colored.

From the Ofnuts help file:
"The painting order is essentially random, so paths with nested strokes will not work well"
(12-13-2020, 05:37 PM)Blighty Wrote:
(12-13-2020, 04:52 PM)Krikor Wrote: But even with the 'Bleed' set to its minimum value (zero), the left eye and the mouth (which were not selected) are colored.

From the Ofnuts help file:
"The painting order is essentially random, so paths with nested strokes will not work well"

And from my opening post: "read the doc before complaining" Angel
Ohhh I read the doc before using the plugin, but my understanding of English is the problem. Sometimes I read the same phrase several times to try to understand it.

I didn't pay attention to the issue of nested paths.

Thx guys!