Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
GIMP 2.8 Large size Icons Themes
(02-15-2018, 01:17 AM)L5eoneill Wrote: in the toolbox and elsewhere, icons are now quite nice, but checkboxes are still really hard to click on and to see if they've been checked.

Pro Tip: You don't need to click on the checkbox itself, you can click on the text, which is a lot easier. But yes, they could be made a bit bigger.
Perhaps I'm being a little simplistic here...but here goes!!

Have installed Color 48 folder in Themes  (in 2.10.8)....all is present in folder!
Then I selected that folder as my Theme....but I'm not seeing a change.
I'm evidently missing a step??

Have now only spotted that this thread is geared towards GIMP 2.8.... Sad
HI guys, starting to get really frustrated now and not sure what I am doing wrong!  Just upgraded from 2.8 to 2.10 today, previously used the colour48 theme which I remember having a few issues installing last time and have just tried getting the dark48 theme working as even after changing the icon theme to custom and huge (which works great for near most everything), like many others, the paint brushes are too small by just doing this alone.  I have unzipped the linked file to c/users/myname/gimp/themes and no joy.  Can't see that there is a nested folder and have tried running as administrator and restarting over 10 times now, both the software and the PC, still nothing showing up Sad  Any help greatly appreciated as on my screen I really can't see the brush palette, thanks for all the good work and love the update otherwise.  

Cheers, M Wink

As a side note, i have also followed another tutorial and tried plonking them in the folder via programfiles/gimp/themes, same problem, still can't see brushes and the theme still won't show up Sad Annoying as the icons down the left hand of my screen are all huge whether I select custom/huge or allow GIMP to automatically scale.
Hi Kevin,
I know this thread is too old but the link to the files that solve the icon size problem is broken
can you send me the files please
I really need them
(03-13-2022, 08:09 AM)vxrxv Wrote: ...snip...
I really need them

Until Kevin comes along you can get the 7z files via the Internet Archive site

https://web.archive.org/web/201702140903...ons-Themes
(03-14-2022, 08:50 AM)rich2005 Wrote:
(03-13-2022, 08:09 AM)vxrxv Wrote: ...snip...
I really need them

Until Kevin comes along you can get the 7z files via the Internet Archive site

https://web.archive.org/web/201702140903...ons-Themes

Thanks a lot my friend. it works fine.
Just one problem though, I was hoping the (perspective tool) icon to be maximized not entirely changed. same goes the (path tool)
It looks like 2.10 icons on 2.8 version of GIMP.
Is there any way to just maximize the icons not changing them?