Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GMic Disappeared from GIMP 2.10.24 Flatpak Installation - Solved
I use Linux Mint 20.1 with the Flatpak version of GIMP and GMic.

After seeing the problem reported in another thread about installing GMic with GIMP 2.10,24 on Windows I checked to make sure that it was still available in my copy of GIMP - it wasn't shown in the Filters menu.

In a terminal "flatpak list" showed that GMic V2.9.6 Branch 2-3.36 was installed. Uninstalling this by typing:

"flatpak uninstall org.gimp.GIMP.Plugin.GMicc"

and then reinstalling GMic by typing:

"flatpak install org.gimp"

and then selecting the option to install "runtime/org.gimp.GIMP.Plugin.GMic/x86_64/2-40" updated GMic to V2.9.6 Branch 2-40. GMic then appeared in the Filters menu of GIMP (and worked).

I think this is connected with the upgrading of the GNOME Application Platform and it's just coincidental that GIMP updated recently.

Hope this helps if you have a similar problem.
Hi,
I have the same problem but... i show you

Code:
cath@cath:~$ flatpak uninstall org.gimp.GIMP.Plugin.GMicc
error: org.gimp.GIMP.Plugin.GMicc/*unspecified*/*unspecified* not installed
cath@cath:~$ flatpak install org.gimp
Usage:
flatpak install [OPTION…] LOCATION/REMOTE [REF...] - Install applications or runtimes

Help Options:
-h, --help              Show help options

Application Options:
--user                  Work on user installations
--system                Work on system-wide installations (default)
--installation=NAME     Work on specific system-wide installation(s)
--arch=ARCH             Arch to install for
--no-pull               Don't pull, only install from local cache
--no-deploy             Don't deploy, only download to local cache
--no-related            Don't install related refs
--no-deps               Don't verify/install runtime dependencies
--no-static-deltas      Don't use static deltas
--runtime               Look for runtime with the specified name
--app                   Look for app with the specified name
--bundle                Assume LOCATION is a .flatpak single-file bundle
--from                  Assume LOCATION is a .flatpakref application description
--gpg-file=FILE         Check bundle signatures with GPG key from FILE (- for stdin)
--subpath=PATH          Only install this subpath
-y, --assumeyes         Automatically answer yes for all questions
--reinstall             Uninstall first if already installed
-v, --verbose           Print debug information during command processing, -vv for more detail
--ostree-verbose        Print OSTree debug information during command processing

error: REMOTE and REF must be specified

Can you help me ?
Thanks
Sorry - an extra 'c' crept in - the command should have read (ignoring the quotes of course):

"flatpak uninstall org.gimp.GIMP.Plugin.GMic"

(Typing flatpak list will show you which flatpak applications you have installed and show you what you need to uninstall any of them)

Once again apologies.

(04-09-2021, 11:26 AM)Saanp Wrote: Hi,
I have the same problem but... i show you

[code]cath@cath:~$ flatpak uninstall org.gimp.GIMP.Plugin.GMicc
error: org.gimp.GIMP.Plugin.GMicc/*unspecified*/*unspecified* not installed
Usage:
flatpak install [OPTION…] LOCATION/REMOTE [REF...] - Install applications or runtimes
Just for reference.
I put up a typical terminal listing in response to a different question on installing resynthesizer.
https://www.gimp-forum.net/attachment.php?aid=5837
Please, i need more help...
You said : (Typing flatpak list will show you which flatpak applications you have installed and show you what you need to uninstall any of them)

It's too technical for me, I dont know what to do but I understand that I have to do something...  Smile already that I have to write in English which is not my language...  Tongue

Code:
cath@cath:~$ flatpak list
Ref                                                Options                                                                                                                                                            
net.scribus.Scribus/x86_64/stable                  system,current                                                                                                                                                    
org.gimp.GIMP/x86_64/stable                        system,current                                                                                                                                                    
org.inkscape.Inkscape/x86_64/stable                system,current                                                                                                                                                    
org.telegram.desktop/x86_64/stable                 system,current                                                                                                                                                    
org.freedesktop.Platform.GL.default/x86_64/19.08   system,runtime                                                                                                                                                    
org.freedesktop.Platform.GL.default/x86_64/20.08   system,runtime                                                                                                                                                    
org.freedesktop.Platform.VAAPI.Intel/x86_64/18.08  system,runtime                                                                                                                                                    
org.freedesktop.Platform.VAAPI.Intel/x86_64/19.08  system,runtime                                                                                                                                                    
org.freedesktop.Platform.VAAPI.Intel/x86_64/20.08  system,runtime                                                                                                                                                    
org.freedesktop.Platform.ffmpeg-full/x86_64/20.08  system,runtime                                                                                                                                                    
org.freedesktop.Platform.html5-codecs/x86_64/18.08 system,runtime                                                                                                                                                    
org.freedesktop.Platform.openh264/x86_64/2.0       system,runtime                                                                                                                                                    
org.freedesktop.Platform/x86_64/18.08              system,runtime                                                                                                                                                    
org.freedesktop.Platform/x86_64/20.08              system,runtime                                                                                                                                                    
org.gimp.GIMP.Manual/x86_64/2.10                   system,runtime                                                                                                                                                    
org.gnome.Platform/x86_64/3.34                     system,runtime,eol=The GNOME 3.34 runtime is no longer supported as of 14th August 2020. Please ask your application developer to migrate to a supported platform.
org.gnome.Platform/x86_64/3.36                     system,runtime,eol=The GNOME 3.36 runtime is no longer supported as of February 13, 2021. Please ask your application developer to migrate to a supported platform.
org.gnome.Platform/x86_64/3.38                     system,runtime                                                                                                                                                    
org.gnome.Platform/x86_64/40                       system,runtime                                                                                                                                                    
org.gtk.Gtk3theme.Adwaita-dark/x86_64/3.22         system,runtime                                                                                                                                                    
org.gtk.Gtk3theme.Mint-Y-Dark-Aqua/x86_64/3.22     system,runtime                                                                                                                                                    
org.gtk.Gtk3theme.Mint-Y/x86_64/3.22               system,runtime                                                                                                                                                    
org.kde.Platform/x86_64/5.12                       system,runtime                                                                                                                                                    
org.kde.Platform/x86_64/5.14                       system,runtime                                                                                                                                                    
org.kde.Platform/x86_64/5.15                       system,runtime              

I have the same problem for the install

Code:
Usage:

Help Options:
 -h, --help              Show help options

Application Options:
 --user                  Work on user installations
 --system                Work on system-wide installations (default)
 --installation=NAME     Work on specific system-wide installation(s)
 --arch=ARCH             Arch to install for
 --no-pull               Don't pull, only install from local cache
 --no-deploy             Don't deploy, only download to local cache
 --no-related            Don't install related refs
 --no-deps               Don't verify/install runtime dependencies
 --no-static-deltas      Don't use static deltas
 --runtime               Look for runtime with the specified name
 --app                   Look for app with the specified name
 --bundle                Assume LOCATION is a .flatpak single-file bundle
 --from                  Assume LOCATION is a .flatpakref application description
 --gpg-file=FILE         Check bundle signatures with GPG key from FILE (- for stdin)
 --subpath=PATH          Only install this subpath
 -y, --assumeyes         Automatically answer yes for all questions
 --reinstall             Uninstall first if already installed
 -v, --verbose           Print debug information during command processing, -vv for more detail
 --ostree-verbose        Print OSTree debug information during command processing

error: REMOTE and REF must be specified

Thanks
The output of your flatpak list command doesn't seem to have the same format as I see and it doesn't seem to include GMic. Neither is the result that you get by typing "flatpak install org.gimp" - I'm not sure what is going on here. Which version of Linux are you using?

Also which version of flatpak are you using? (type "flatpak --version"

Having searched for the error message that you reported, to install GMic try typing:

"flatpak install flathub org.gimp"

and then select the appropriate option for GMic
I use Linux Mint 19.3
Flatpak version : 1.0.9

How do I select the appropriate option?

I don't think you understand how bad I am at computers  Big Grin

You said "Having searched for the error message that you reported, to install GMic try typing...."
I don't know how to do... and how to fix...

Before found your message, I've found this discussion, I'm not alone to have this problem :

https://discuss.pixls.us/t/gmic-flatpak-...0-24/24385
I have a later version of flatpak (1.6.5) so that may explain the differences in what we see.
"flatpak install flathub org.gimp"
After typing "flatpak install flathub org.gimp" you see a list of options - something like:

Code:
....~$ flatpak install flathub org.gimp
Looking for matches…
Similar refs found for ‘org.gimp’ in remote ‘flathub’ (system):

1) runtime/org.gimp.GIMP.Plugin.Fourier/x86_64/2-40
   2) runtime/org.gimp.GIMP.Plugin.FocusBlur/x86_64/2-40
   3) runtime/org.gimp.GIMP.Plugin.Resynthesizer/x86_64/2-40
   4) runtime/org.gimp.GIMP.Plugin.Resynthesizer/x86_64/2-3.36
   5) runtime/org.gimp.GIMP.Plugin.Lensfun/x86_64/2-40
   6) runtime/org.gimp.GIMP.Plugin.Fourier/x86_64/2-3.36
   7) runtime/org.gimp.GIMP.Plugin.GMic/x86_64/2-40
   8) runtime/org.gimp.GIMP.Plugin.FocusBlur/x86_64/2-3.36
   9) runtime/org.gimp.GIMP.Plugin.BIMP/x86_64/2-3.36
  10) runtime/org.gimp.GIMP.Manual/x86_64/2.10
  11) runtime/org.gimp.GIMP.Plugin.LiquidRescale/x86_64/2-40
  12) runtime/org.gimp.GIMP.Plugin.LiquidRescale/x86_64/2-3.36
  13) runtime/org.gimp.GIMP.Plugin.BIMP/x86_64/2-40
  14) app/org.gimp.GIMP/x86_64/stable
  15) runtime/org.gimp.GIMP.Plugin.Lensfun/x86_64/2-3.36
  16) runtime/org.gimp.GIMP.Plugin.GMic/x86_64/2-3.36

Which do you want to use (0 to abort)? [0-16]:
In this case you would type 7 followed by Enter to install GMic

(04-09-2021, 04:57 PM)Saanp Wrote: I use Linux Mint 19.3
Flatpak version : 1.0.9

How do I select the appropriate option?

I don't think you understand how bad I am at computers  Big Grin

You said "Having searched for the error message that you reported, to install GMic try typing...."
I don't know how to do... and how to fix...

Before found your message, I've found this discussion, I'm not alone to have this problem :

https://discuss.pixls.us/t/gmic-flatpak-...0-24/24385
Code:
cath@cath:~$ flatpak install flathub org.gimp
error: Invalid id org.gimp: Names must contain at least 2 periods
Try typing:

"flatpak install org.gimp.GIMP.Plugin.GMic"

Then when asked to use this remote enter y

Then you should get a choice of two versions of GMic - select the 2.40 version - see below noting that since I already have that version I get the error message, for you it should hopefully install GMic 2.40
Code:
flatpak install org.gimp.GIMP.Plugin.GMic
Looking for matches…
Found similar ref(s) for ‘org.gimp.GIMP.Plugin.GMic’ in remote ‘flathub’ (system).
Use this remote? [Y/n]: y
Similar refs found for ‘org.gimp.GIMP.Plugin.GMic’ in remote ‘flathub’ (system):

1) runtime/org.gimp.GIMP.Plugin.GMic/x86_64/2-40
   2) runtime/org.gimp.GIMP.Plugin.GMic/x86_64/2-3.36

Which do you want to use (0 to abort)? [0-2]: 1
Skipping: org.gimp.GIMP.Plugin.GMic/x86_64/2-40 is already installed
(04-09-2021, 06:22 PM)Saanp Wrote:
Code:
cath@cath:~$ flatpak install flathub org.gimp
error: Invalid id org.gimp: Names must contain at least 2 periods