Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UI font size has changed - Win 10
ver2.10.22
From other posts on this subject I have noted that the UI font size can be changed for the theme you use by editing the line
GimpDock::font-scale = 0.8333
in the gtkrc file corresponding to the theme you are using
in my case C:\Program Files\GIMP 2\share\gimp\2.0\themes\Gray\

BUT in WINDOWS 10 I am unable to save the changed file...!!? 
Q can someone please explain how I can save the changed file in the program files folder of Win10..?

cheers for any ideas... CD

apologies for repeating post but not really sure where I am here..
(03-13-2021, 10:24 AM)doobre Wrote: ver2.10.22
From other posts on this subject I have noted that the UI font size can be changed for the theme you use by editing the line

Q can someone please explain how I can save the changed file in the program files folder of Win10..?

No idea why you are unable to save the file, you might need to be 'administrator' 

However, there is a plugin that might help see: http://gimpchat.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t...10#p261235  Change menu & icons.py

That gives a menu entry where font size is changed.

On a restart Gimp menus 

If the result is not liked then easy to remove, delete the gtkrc file that the plugin creates in your Gimp user profile.
(03-13-2021, 10:53 AM)rich2005 Wrote:
(03-13-2021, 10:24 AM)doobre Wrote: ver2.10.22

Excellent that's got it, thanks very much rich2005...

once I had worked out where to put the folder and not just .py the file itself, I can set the font size just how I like it..
Thanks again..

for anyone else reading here the location for Win10 is
C:\Program Files\GIMP 2\lib\gimp\2.0\plug-ins\Change menu & icons\Change menu & icons.py

cheers CD
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

No idea why you are unable to save the file, you might need to be 'administrator' 

However, there is a plugin that might help see: http://gimpchat.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t...10#p261235  Change menu & icons.py

That gives a menu entry where font size is changed.

On a restart Gimp menus 

If the result is not liked then easy to remove, delete the gtkrc file that the plugin creates in your Gimp user profile.
Quote:for anyone else reading here the location for Win10 is
C:\Program Files\GIMP 2\lib\gimp\2.0\plug-ins\Change menu & icons\Change menu & icons.py

It should not be necessary with a regular Gimp installation to use the Gimp installation plug-in location. Possibly a result of installing as Administrator resulting in the user "unable to save the file".

The place to install your own plugins is C:\Users\"yourname"\AppData\Roaming\GIMP\2.10\plug-ins
Rich,

Thanks so much for mentioning about  the plug-in to change menu text size....

I am installing gimp to a much larger screen than I had in the past....I was getting ready to tear my hair out trying to make the menu text size larger....

I put it in my app data gimp plug in folder & all is well.... Smile ....

FlutteringBy...