Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ofn-path-edits
Thought about that. Not sure it would give very usable results, unless I add a ton of parameters (distance between anchors, distance of removed anchor from straight line between the remaining anchors... ) not speaking of tweaking the tangents to compensate.. . Seen a good paper on this?
I agree 110%  that to make something other than simple, would  be a real project and might not be worth the effort.  I was looking at the Inkscape simplify recently and it seems to work much better in the current Inkscape than it ever did in Inkscape 0.48  However, I could not find any mention of a code update so it must be my imagination.

For a simple 'every other control point' using what I have available this is quick. Well known outline.
I can use the old RobA 'Label Path' script to mark every other point ( that is a solid square character 25AA followed by a space 0020)

That gives a plot which I can colour select the control points

..and apply your plugin to simplify.  

Obviously does not discriminate between 'corner' nodes and 'between' nodes but might be useful in certain circumstances or it might just wreck the path Smile
Updated the script, improved "Break-text-path-apart" by making it use the same "nested strokes" algorithm as ofn-text-path-selection.
Updated the script, added a Densify anchors function to double the number of anchors by adding one anchor between each pair of existing anchors.
Updated the script; added a "Break path apart by nesting order".

For instance this:

Is broken in three paths:

In the plugin manual, wouldn't it be 'Achors' where you read 'strokes'?

Attached Files Image(s)

(08-27-2020, 10:05 PM)Krikor Wrote: In the plugin manual, wouldn't it be 'Achors' where you read 'strokes'?

Yes. Falling off my chair, first time I see someone reading the docs(*).

(*) To be fair, Rich does, apparently
Thanks for the updates!!

Path-edits and path-shapes are my most used plugins.
Another update, no new functionality, but significant performance improvements...
Hi,

I've been using ofn-path-edits for ages and it's extremely useful.

However having recently changed it from v0.9 to v0.10 I'm getting some odd results in the way paths are displayed after doing break path apart.

Starting with the original path visible, I did break path apart.

Then when clicking on and moving anchors in the new paths they look like lone anchors when they are not.

Opening a new view of the image all is fine in the new view. The paths are fine if exported and imported. So it's something odd about the display of the lines.

Here's two views of the same file after I've moved some of the anchors in the left one, none of them are lone anchors. The blue line is in the old position.  The right view is correct reflecting the moves.

When the visibility of the active path is switched off the blue line in the left view remains and the correct active path line appears reflecting the moves I made.  The right view is correct with no path line visible.

The behaviour is different if the original path wasn't visible before doing break path apart. The visibility of the generated paths is on but there are no path lines visible.

So it looks like the visibility of the original path and the generated paths isn't working.

I reverted to ofn-path-edits v0.9 and for the same path I cannot get the problem to occur, so that works fine.

Eventually I tried commenting out these two new lines in v0.10 and that seems OK:

'gimp_image_freeze_vectors' in dir(pdb) and pdb.gimp_image_freeze_vectors(image)
'gimp_image_freeze_vectors' in dir(pdb) and pdb.gimp_image_thaw_vectors(image)

Thank you for any help to resolve this.